Should you go for Salesforce LinkedIn integration? Let’s find out.
Salesforce Salesforce is a global leader when it comes to cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Salesforce also provides PaaS as well as SaaS services that make it an efficient and cost-effective solution for businesses all over the world. Additionally, it includes various cloud-based services that allow for carrying out critical tasks related to different aspects of business and CRM like sales, customer service, marketing, commerce, analytics, IoT, health, finances, and more.
The best thing about Salesforce is that it allows for easy integration with existing systems and various service platforms to make it easier for you to integrate data from multiple sources and optimize your marketing and sales strategy.
So why not take full advantage of your Salesforce application by integrating with your social media channels? Let’s start with LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is a popular social network targeted towards a professional audience looking for formal and business-related interactions. LinkedIn is a treasure house of valuable data and an effective platform to help you connect with the right audience and further optimize your marketing strategies. Salesforce LinkedIn integration would be not just exciting but also very beneficial. Let us show you how.
Why a Salesforce LinkedIn Integration?
Integrating your Salesforce system with LinkedIn allows you to create a smooth experience across LinkedIn and Salesforce. Moreover, it helps you collaborate with the activities of your teams across both platforms to help optimize your efficiency. Here are some specific benefits you can experience:
- Be able to target the right audience to deliver your products and services
- Be able to understand the needs of your target audience. Understand the customer value with the help of their social media profile.
- Be able to provide better engagement to your audience and provide personalized content and services
- Save time by optimizing sales outreach to be more effective via personalized offerings and options.
- Minimizes the total costs involved with lead generations. Both Salesforce and LinkedIn have a good set of marketing tools that to arrive at accurate results that help push your business towards a positive direction
- Helps in significant lead generation by helping you track your website visitors from LinkedIn Profiles.
- Additionally, makes way for efficient data collection and processing as both LinkedIn and Salesforce can make up for each of the other platform’s weak points regarding data analysis. While LinkedIn acts as a source of vast amounts of marketing data, Salesforce helps you categorize the collected information and effectively generate more leads.
- CRM contacts, leads, and account records can be easily imported into LinkedIn analytics and help in remarketing and effective customer engagement.
- Further, you will be able to write InMail and Messages directly to CRM.
- Moreover, you can have access to CRM notes and records from your Lead and Account Pages with just a single click.
Steps For Salesforce LinkedIn Integration
Before you go for Salesforce LinkedIn integration, make sure you have subscribed to the right Salesforce edition that allows such integration. Salesforce Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Developer, and Performance editions will enable this feature.
Besides this essential requirement, you need to consider a few more things before you go ahead with the process.
- Do you think that the Sales Navigator from LinkedIn will be useful for your business?
- Conduct a gap analysis to see if the integration will provide you with actual business value.
- Decide on which data fields you want to map across the platforms.
- When you first install the Linkedin Sales Navigator package from the AppExchange, you will have to perform a Single Sign-On (SSO) activity.
Here are the steps for Salesforce LinkedIn Integration:
- Ensure you have admin rights for your Salesforce account, and you have an active LinkedIn account in use.
- Log in to Salesforce account as an administrator
- Go the AppExchange and search for the LinkedIn Package in the apps section
- Download the LinkedIn Package from the search results
- Install the downloaded LinkedIn Package and set the customization and security settings as per your needs.
- After the installation, check the LinkedIn Company Insider section to explore all the account related connections.
How To Make Use Of Salesforce And Linkedin Integrations
Once you have the initial setup ready, it takes just a few minutes to set up tasks and automate them. The steps are:
- Authenticate Salesforce and LinkedIn
- Select the app that you want to act as the trigger to start task automation.
- Select the resulting action the other app needs to accomplish.
- Specify the data you want to send from one app to the other.
Some sample triggers you can set include a new outbound message, a new record in a Salesforce object, an update made to a Salesforce object, an update to a field record, and more. Similarly, the resulting actions could be creating a company update, completing a form, finding a query result, creating a file attachment, and so on.
To surface the LinkedIn Sales Navigator, you can either use Page Layouts or the VisualForce Page. If trying to use Page Layouts, it is better to place them on the bottom of the page so that you don’t have to scroll past the cumbersome VisualForce Page when you want to view some fields.
When installing packages, you will automatically get two types of Lightning Components installed – the Member Profile and the Company Profile. Placing these on the page layouts can easily give you information about the lead and the lead’s account.
Once you have surfaced either of the two profiles, you can quickly get any related latest data by Syncing Sales Navigator with Salesforce.
Additionally, you can use usage reports to evaluate your company’s Social Selling Index (SSI). It is a figure of how well your team is doing in terms of social visibility and engagement across the LinkedIn network.
Further, you can also make lists, categorize leads and accounts and manage them with ease. To help with the initial targeting of prospects, you can try out the icebreakers feature. It shows some of the leads’ interests to help make a better personalized initial contact. You can find this option on a record by selecting the more tab from the Member Profile.
Similarly, you can also find related leads under the Related leads tab.
We hope this article helped you in Salesforce LinkedIn integration. Are you stuck anywhere? Get in touch of let us know in the comments below.
Featured image: Wikimedia commons
Do you want more business from LinkedIn?
Enim persequeris et sit. Cu cum admodum contentiones consequuntur